Skill Development and skill enhancement courses are the short term courses introduced to enhance academic standards and quality in higher education include innovation and improvements in curriculum, teaching-learning process.
At Roorkee College, Roorkee Department of Agriculture and Forestry offers a comprehensive range of short term technical courses that are designed to cater students with best skill set to meet current Industry requirement as well as for career enhancement and professional development. Courses are provided in wide spectrum of proficiency helping students and professional acquire skill and expertise in different Areas. We assist our learners in applying for the certification exam of their choice through our vibrant community of experts and certified professionals.
“Empowering Students through Skill”
To reform educational spectrum and revitalize its spirit by providing quality education resulting in the development of competent and conscientious human resource to face the emerging challenges at global level.
Short term Courses for Skill Enhancement:
The short term courses are the core competency of Agriculture and Forestry Department. We strive to constantly improve our learning frameworks and teaching methodology to make them more student-friendly with best content delivery to our students. Our courses are upgraded continuously to ensure our learners are up-to-date on the latest industry requirements and best practices. Following is the list of courses currently available for students as co-curricular activities.
- Solar energy applications in agriculture
- Integrated Farming System: An Approach towards Livelihood Improvement of Farm Women and Natural Resource Conservation
- Empowerment of farm women through livestock and poultry intervention
- Reshaping Agriculture and Nutrition Linkages – For Food and Nutrition Security
- Developing Agribusiness Skills among Farmers for Maximizing Farm Income
- ICTs for Sustainable Agriculture Development
- Rural entrepreneurship development for farmers empowerment
- Advances in variety maintenance and quality seed production for entrepreneurship