Life @ RCE
P L Bhawan
Prem Lata Bhawan
Prem Lata Bhawan is the girl’s campus-residence at Roorkee College of Engineering, Roorkee having the capacity of 150 seats and is named after Late Smt. Prem Lata Ji, Mother of honourable Chairman Sir Shri CA S. K. Gupta Ji. The PL Bhawan is meant for the Girls students of Roorkee College of Engineering, Roorkee. The accommodation at PL Bhawan comprises of American style apartments which are well furnished, hygienic and have ultra-modern amenities. There is a total of Three Block in PL Bhawan. Each block consists of state-of-the-art designed rooms with attached lobby. Each room has box type bed, big almirah, mattresses and bed sheet for each student. The PL Bhawan premises also have a common room with Satellite TV Facility, study room and state-of-the-art indoor sports facilities.
Salient Features of PL Bhawan:
- Daily Newspapers, Magazines, Journals are kept on state-of-the-art stands at reception area for the benefit of all residents and visitors.
- Electric water heating system enabled for winter season.
- Fully Wi-Fi enabled, equipped with required Access Point at each Floor of the house.
- Housekeeping team ensures proper hygiene and cleanliness.
- Satellite TV facility is available.
- Hostel is connected with 24*7 Power back up.
- Enabled with a heavy duty industrial grade RO Plant installed to further treat and purify the drinking water in the hostels.
- Water & Sewage Treatment Plants are enabled to provide a healthy and clean environment to all its inmates.
- Indoor games, common room and study room available in the state of art designed form.
- The PL Bhawan is also surrounded by lush green lawns and playing fields.
Normal Each Normal room at PL Bhawan comprises of all required facilities like: box type bed, big almirah, mattresses and bed sheet, Table, Chair and small Plastic Dustbin for each student.
Semi- Deluxe (Air-cooled) Each Semi- Deluxe room have all facilities provided in normal rooms in addition to air cooling facility.
Super- Deluxe (AC) The Super-Deluxe rooms at PL Bhawan are also having all facilities provided in Normal rooms in addition to that Air Conditioned cooling system is installed along with aesthetic look of the rooms.
The food served is of high quality and meets the acceptable quality standards as laid down under FSSAI and other Govt food safety regulations. Special consideration is given to provide a well-balanced, nutritional diet with varying food tastes.
The PL Bhawan has a spacious well-furnished state-of-the-art dining hall with hygienic & professionally managed mess by a renowned Company, serving nutritious food and a well-balanced diet.
Vegetarian Food Nutritious and well-balanced vegetarian food is available at PL Bhavan. The menu consists of different varieties of Dals, Rice, Chapati, Seasonal Veg, and Curd etc. and other festive food items are also provided with no additional charges.
Non-Vegetarian Food At PL Bhawan Non-Veg food is also available for students as desired. The facility is available at Red Hut in the campus on nominal charges.
24*7 Cafe Some of the food items like Tea, Coffee, Butter Milk, Butter, Patties, and Drinks/ beverages are also available in our 24*7 Cafe.
Study room at PL Bhawan is well furnished Plug & Play electric boards with sockets and Ethernet/Wi-Fi enabled.
A "Common Room" is more commonly a communal working area and for recreation purposes at Campus residents. The common room at PL Bhawan is Satellite-TV enabled with all channels required for entertainment, Discovery Channel and technical MHRD/AICTE Channels.
PL Bhawan at Roorkee College of Engineering is blessed with state-of the art indoor sports facilities. PL Bhawan at Roorkee College of Engineering, Roorkee is blessed by Indoor sports facilities like Billiards, TT Tables, indoor badminton court, Carom, Chess. All the tables are ground fixed. The Indoor sports facilities are under CCTV surveillance for further safety and proper monitoring purpose.
The PL Bhawan is earmarked for Girls students. Hostel is not the right of a student rather a privilege given to the student. Admission to the hostel is generally on first come first serve basis in First Year (Merit for Admission).
A senior student (Except First Year) of Roorkee College of Engineering, of B.Tech/B.Tech (LE), Diploma/ Diploma (LE), B.Sc. Agriculture/Forestry, B.Com CFA program at the College is eligible on the basis of clearance slip allotted by Registrar office, after clearing the accommodation charges as per KD Bhawan Room Allotment Policies.
The Regular students can pre-book their rooms of interest at an advance amount of Rs. 25000/- at time of finishing even semester Exams, before going back to their homes.
Salient coverings are as below:
- PL Bhawan rooms are let on an annual basis covering the full academic year.
- The Warden & Hostel in-charge live on campus to resolve any problems out of office-hours.
- Facilities like RO water, laundry, Wi-Fi connectivity are available on the hostel premises.
- The hostel premises are under strict security cover round-the-clock.
- The rooms are allocated on sharing basis to make better cultural diversity and make avail the feel of Home-Away-From-Home.
- The Annual Hostel Fee is to be paid in advance (at the time of admission).
- Pre booking can be done of rooms at PL Bhawan as per mentioned above.
Rules and Regulations
PL Bhawan is equipped with first aid kit and is available round the clock for medical emergencies. An advanced air conditioned ambulance is available in the campus round the clock with the collaboration of Rotary Club Midtown, Roorkee, in which ICU facility is available.
The Laundry facility is available at PL Bhawan at very nominal charges
Hostel by Night
PL Bhawan at Night is a point of attraction at all hostel residents. Proper light through LED Lamps is available that enables students to play After sunset.
Hostel Feedback and grievances
Student’s hostel related problems are considered and best effort is made to solve within 48 Hrs. Students can fill their feedback form online on ERP portal or Grievance Portal.
Mrs. Uma Tayal
(Warden PL Bhawan.)