Life @ RCE
Central Workshop at Roorkee College of Engineering, Roorkee is the biggest workshop among the engineering colleges situated in Uttarakhand, having all-round facilities for student learning and for developing their Projects of varying fields with a well-trained team of around ten staff having proficiency in different fields.
In the Central Workshop various facilities are available for all B. Tech Ist year and IInd year, IIIrd year, IVth year Mechanical Engineering students. Different facilities available at Central Workshop are as following:
Various machine tools are available in machine shop:
- Lathe machine: - Central Lathe, Capstan Lathe, Bench Lathe and CNC Lathe
- Drill machine: - Vertical Drill Machine, Radial Drill Machine and Bench Drill Machine
- Grinding Machine: - Surface Grinder, Cylindrical Grinding, Tool and Cutter Grinder and Tool post Grinder
- Milling machine: - Universal Milling Machine, Vertical Milling Machine and CNC Milling
- Shaper Machine, Planner Machine and Bend Saw.
various machine tools and machine are available: Bench Drill Machine, Bend Saw, Column Type Drill Machine, Fly Press, Power Press and Shear Cutter.
Various welding machine and instruments are available:
Electric Arc Welding, Gas Welding Tool Post Grinder, and Welding Generator
various machines and equipment are available:
Forge Furnace, Grinder Cut off Wheel, Hand Shear Cutters, Anvil, Square Block and Hammers.
various wood cutting machines and equipment are available:
Universal Wood Cutter, Thickness Wood Planer, Tool Post Grinder, and Jig Saw.
various moulding machines and furnaces are available:
Shell Moulding, Co2 Moulding, Vacuum Moulding, Sand Muller, Pit Furnace and Oil Fired Furnace.