Employment Enhancement Training
Soft-skills, Aptitude and Software Training
- The soft skill training comprises of reading, writing, and listening and speaking skills. In addition team spirit, leadership quality, time management and decision making skills are also covered.
- An integral part of all our programs is the Specialized Software Training by industry experts (120 hours spread over eight semesters). Compulsory Soft-skills and Aptitude Training by corporate trainers (120 hours spread over eight semesters) further helps polish the skills learnt by our students. These efforts help students network with industry professionals and discover invaluable work experience opportunities. RCE wishes to equip RCEians for their dynamic & successful careers and prepare them to become capable engineering professionals in the world. Keeping this in mind, we made compulsory for all students to attend an aptitude and soft skill training of 120 hrs. To enhances their mental ability, aptitude, skills and capability to compete for the placements. This programs includes an insight into basic quant, grammar, reasoning, deductive logic etc. In aptitude building training, we focus on analytical, logical and reasoning skills along with group discussion and personnel interview. Another value addition is the technical training comprising of .NET, Embedded Systems, Java, Red Hat, and C#, ensuring that the students go for at least one International Certification.
- We provide CAMPUS to CORPORATE Training program as well to our students. In this program, renowned Industrialists interact with our budding Professionals & discuss the lively challenges they are going to face during their professional life.
- The objective of this Skill Certification Scheme is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood.
- RCE has been training graduates and youth through various domain specific skill training programs, which are mapped to the national skill qualification standards and industry standards.
- Skill Development and Entrepreneurship development efforts across the country have been highly fragmented so far. Though India enjoys the demographic advantage of having the youngest workforce with an average age of 29 years in comparison with the advanced economies, as opposed to the developed countries, where the percentage of skilled workforce is between 60% and 90% of the total workforce, India records a low 5% of workforce (20-24 years) with formal employability skills.
- With the present education and skill levels of those already in the labour force being very low, it would be a major challenge for India to reap its demographic advantage.
- This challenge becomes enormous as the recent studies indicate that employers found just about 25% of Indian graduates are ‘employable’ in the organized sector. The informal sector which comprises 93% of the workforce has no skilling mechanism, as the skill development takes place on the job.
- So, there is a need for quick reorganization of the skill development ecosystem and the promotion of which is necessary to suit to the needs of the industry to ensure enhancement of life of the population. India would surely rise to be the Human Resource Capital of the world by appropriately skilling its youth bulge and convert its advantage into a dividend.
- Skill development initiatives will help actualize the inert potential, for which development and articulation of a national policy on skill development is already in progress.
- As India moves progressively towards becoming a global knowledge economy, it must meet the rising aspirations of its youth. This can be partially achieved through focus on advancement of skills that are relevant to the emerging economic environment. The challenge pertains not only to a huge quantitative expansion in skill training for the youth, but also to more important task of raising their quality. With a goal to create opportunities, space and scope for the development of the talents of the Indian youth and to enhance their technical expertise, RCE focuses on Youth Skill Development as one of its pillars.