- In Roorkee College of Engineering, Roorkee the placement of the students is not only limited to place them in some reputed organization of their respective fields but also to prepare them for higher studies or to prepare them to start their own ventures (enterprise) to make them self-supported. The later aspect is known as Entrepreneurship Development. As the term itself denotes, EDP is a programme meant to develop entrepreneurial abilities among the students of RCE, that refers to inculcation, development, and polishing of entrepreneurial skills into the students to establish and successfully run his/her enterprise.
- Roorkee College of Engineering is running entrepreneurship development programme to equip students with the required skills and knowledge needed for starting and running the enterprise. There are various methods taken into consideration:
Institute-Industry interaction (3Is):
- Better interaction between Technical institutions and industry is the need of the hour. This will have great bearing on the Engineering Curriculum, exposure of industrial atmosphere to engineering students and subsequent placement of young graduating engineers in industries across the country. With the advent of globalization and opening up of Indian economy to outside world, competition among industries have become stiff. To solve their engineering problems they look up now to engg. Institutions. Similarly, there is an urgent need to prepare engineering students for jobs in multinational companies, by exposing them to newer technologies and engineering methodologies. These objectives can only be achieved well by bridging the gap between industry and the academic institute.
- To Promote Industry - Institute Interaction Following Schemes are being Undertaken at Roorkee College of Engineering, Roorkee
- Establishment of Industry-Institute Partnership /interaction Cell.
- Organizing Workshops, conferences and symposia with joint participation of the faculty and the industries.
- Encouraging Experts/engineers from industry to visit Roorkee College of Engineering, Roorkee to deliver lectures.
- Participation of experts from industry in curriculum development.
- Arranging visits of staff members to various industry.
- Professional consultancy by the faculty to industries.
- Industrial testing by faculty & technicians at site or in laboratory.
- Joint research programmes and field studies by faculty and people from industries.
- Visits of faculty to industry for study and discussions or delivering lectures on subjects of mutual interest.
- Visits of industry executives and practising engineers to the Institute for seeing research work and laboratories, discussions and delivering lectures on industrial practices, trends and experiences.
- Memoranda of Understanding between Roorkee College of Engineering, Roorkee and industries to bring the two sides emotionally and strategically closer.
- Human resource development programmes by the faculty for practising engineers.
- Collaborative degree programmes.
- B.Tech. and M.Tech. Projects/dissertation work in industries under joint guidance of the faculty and experts from industry.
- Short-term assignment to faculty members in industries.
- Visiting faculty/professors from industries.
- Professorial Chairs sponsored by industries at the Institute.
- R&D Laboratories sponsored by industries at the Institute.
- Scholarships/fellowships instituted by industries at the Institute for students.
Incubation Programme:The Incubation Program is a programme designed to help current RCE students and make progress on their entrepreneurial ventures. We encourage students to implement their ideas who are committed to building their venture. Resources and support is provided to the selected teams of the students to reach their milestones. Examples of resources provided to help guide student teams toward success:-
- Shared co-working space
- Private workshops
- Exclusive Office Hours with guest experts
- Technical resources including hosting credits
- Access to our maker space hardware lab