- The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) was approved by the MHRD and launched by Honorable Minister of Human Resource Development on 29th September 2015.
- This framework outlines a methodology to rank institutions across the country. The methodology draws from the overall recommendations broad understanding arrived at by a Core Committee set up by MHRD, to identify the broad parameters for ranking various universities and institutions. The parameters broadly cover “Teaching, Learning and Resources,” “Research and Professional Practices,” “Graduation Outcomes,” “Outreach and Inclusivity,” and “Perception”.
- India Rankings – 2016 based on this framework were released on 4th April 2016.
- Roorkee College of engineering has participated in national institutional ranking framework (NIRF) 2018
- Roorkee College of engineering has participated in national institutional ranking framework (NIRF) 2019