Life @ RCE
A feeling of Home-Away-From-Home
Krishna Dev Bhawan is one of the boy’s campus residences at Roorkee College of Engineering, Roorkee with 277 seats capacity derives its name from the name of Late Shri Krishna Dev Ji, father of honourable Chairman Sir CA S. K. Gupta Ji. The KD Bhawan was inaugurated by Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Sri Harish Rawat Ji on December-12th, 2015. The KD Bhawan is meant for the new entrants every year. The accommodation at KD Bhawan comprises of American style apartments which are well furnished, hygienic and have ultra-modern amenities. Each room is established state-of-the-art with an attached Lobby It and has box type bed, big almirah, mattresses and bed sheet for each student. The hostel premise has a common room with Satellite TV Facility, study room and state-of-the-art indoor and outdoor sports facilities.
Salient Features of KD Bhawan:
- Daily Newspapers, Magazines, Journals are kept on state-of-the-art stands at reception area for the benefit of all residents and visitors.
- Solar Water heating system enabled for winter season.
- Fully Wi-Fi enabled, equipped with required Access Point at each Floor of the house.
- Housekeeping team ensures proper hygiene and cleanliness.
- Satellite TV facility is available.
- Hostel is connected with 24*7 Power back up.
- Enabled with a heavy duty industrial grade RO Plant installed to further treat and purify the drinking water in the hostels.
- Water & Sewage Treatment Plants are enabled to provide a healthy and clean environment to all its inmates.
- Indoor games, common room and study room available in the state of art designed form.
- The KD Bhawan is surrounded by lush green lawns and playing fields.
Normal Each Normal room at KD Bhawan comprises of all required facilities like: box type bed, big almirah, mattresses and bed sheet, Table, Chair, small Plastic Dustbin for each student.
Semi- Deluxe (Air-cooled) Each Semi- Delux room have all the facilities provided in normal rooms along with air cooling facility.
Super- Deluxe (AC) The Super-Deluxe rooms at KD Bhawan in addition to all the facilities provided in Normal rooms also come equipped with Air Conditioned cooling system.
The food served is of high quality and meets the acceptable quality standards as laid down under FSSAI and other Govt food safety regulations. Special consideration is given to provide a well-balanced, nutritional diet with varying food tastes. The KD Bhawan is blessed with well-furnished state-of-the-art dining hall with hygienic & professionally managed mess by a renowned Company, serving nutritious food and a well-balanced diet.
Nutritious and well-balanced vegetarian food is available at KD Bhawan.. The menu consists of different varieties of Dals, Rice, Chapati, Seasonal Veg, and Curd etc. and other festive food items are also provided With no additional charges.
Non-Vegetarian Food At KD Bhawan, Non-Veg food is also available for students as desired. The facility is available at Red Hut in the campus at nominal charges.
24*7 Cafe Some of the food items like Tea, Coffee, Butter Milk, Butter, Patties, and Drinks/ beverages are also available in our 24*7 Cafe.
The “Study Room” at KD Bhawan is well furnished, having Plug & Play electric boards with sockets and enabled with Ethernet/Wi-Fi.
A "Common Room" is more commonly a communal working area and for recreation purposes at Campus residents. The common room at KD Bhawan is Settelite-TV enabled with all channels required for entertainment, Discovery Channel and technical MHRD/AICTE Channels.
KD Bhawan at Roorkee College of Engineering is blessed with state-of the art indoor sports facilities. All Indoor sports facilities like TT Tables, indoor badminton court, Carom, Chess. All the tables are ground fixed. The Indoor sports facilities are under CCTV surveillance for further safety and proper monitoring purpose.
The KD Bhawan is earmarked for Fresher Boys. Hostel is not the right of a student rather a privilege given to the student. Admission to the hostel is generally on first come first serve basis in First Year (Merit for Admission).
A student of Roorkee College of Engineering Newly admitted to B.Tech/B.Tech (LE), Diploma/ Diploma (LE), B.Sc. Agriculture/Forestry, B.Com CFA program at the College is eligible on the basis of clearance slip allotted by Registrar office, after clearing the accommodation charges as per KD Bhawan Room Allotment Policies.
Salient coverings are as below:
- KD Bhawan rooms are let on an annual basis covering the full academic year.
- The Warden & Hostel in-charge live on campus to resolve any problems out of office-hours.
- Facilities like RO water, laundry, Wi-Fi connectivity are available on the hostel premises.
- The hostel premises are under strict security cover round-the-clock.
- The rooms are allocated on sharing basis to make better cultural diversity and make avail the feel of Home-Away-From-Home.
- The Annual Hostel Fee is to be paid in advance (at the time of admission).
Rules and Regulations
KD Bhawan is equipped with first aid kit and is available round the clock for medical emergencies. “An advanced air conditioned ambulance is available in the campus round the clock with the collaboration of Rotary Club Midtown, Roorkee, in which ICU facility is available”.
The Laundry facility is available at KD Bhawan at very nominal charges.
Hostel by Night
KD Bhawan at Night is a point of attraction for all hostel residents. Proper light through LED Lamps is available that enables students to play and indulge in other activities after sunset.
Hostel Feedback and grievances
Student’s hostel related problems are considered and best effort is made to solve within 48 Hrs. Students can fill their feedback online on ERP portal or grievance portal
Mr. Manoj Giri
(Warden KD Bhawan)
Roorkee College of Engineering, Roorkee