Training & Placements
The Training & Placement Cell, Roorkee College of Engineering, Roorkee facilitates the process of placement of students passing out from the Institute besides collaborating with leading organizations and institutes in setting up of internship and training programme of students. The cell liaises with various industrial establishments, corporate houses etc which conduct campus interviews and select graduate and post-graduate students from all disciplines.
The Training & Placement Cell provides the infra-structural facilities to conduct group discussions, tests, and interviews besides catering to other logistics. The Cell interacts with many industries in the country, of which nearly 350 companies visit the campus for holding campus interviews. The industries which approach the institute come under the purview of Core Engineering Industries, IT & IT enabled services, Manufacturing Industries, Consultancy Firms, Finance Companies, Management Organizations, R&D laboratories etc.
The Training & Placement Cell is assisted by a committee comprising T&P Officer, Faculty members and representatives of students from the under-graduate and post-graduate engineering streams. The committee evolves a broad policy framework every year besides a set of rules which are inviolable. Student members are closely co-opted in implementing these policy decisions. Training & Placement Cell regularly interacts with corporate houses to explore the possibility of training and job placement of students. Job offers, dates of interviews, selection of candidates etc. are announced through the Training & Placement Cell. Pre-Placement Talks are also conducted in this regard as per mutual convenience.
- Polishing, caring of our young youth and develop as per requirement of corporate level.
- Develop core competence and knowledge in relvant subject through experts.
- Buit up strong willpower and confidence throught various methods on regular basis.
- Provide practical industrial exposure in contormity with corporate levels.
- Conducting Seminars, Paper Presentations and Workshops regularly on various career options
- Arranging periodical courses on personality development
- Student Mentoring System
- Regular Interaction of Students with Corporate personnel and Persons from Reputed institutes
- Motivating and Assisting the Students through industrial Training and Industry visits
- Render the students to participate in value added programmes