Values & Strength
- Academic integrity-By commitment to fundamental values Honesty, Trust, Transparency, Fairness, Respect and Responsibility.
- Attention to issues of national relevance and of global concern.
- Intellectual excellence.
- An unfettered spirit of learning Exploration, Rationality and Enterprise.
- Respect for the views of every individual.
- The institute believes that leader create leadership skills in other, this igniting a virtuous cycle of growth.
- Committed to develop Excellence in Education.
Roorkee College of Engineering engages in a process of self and community reflection that would lead us to recognize and heighten awareness of the core values. We and our institution have already practiced and articulated, to seek agreement about those values, and to develop an institutional culture that holds itself accountable to those values.
We are dedicated to meeting the needs of the communities we serve.
- Support the mission and vision of the College.
- Focus on student and stakeholder needs.
- Continuously evaluate and improve programs, services, systems, and policies.
- Utilize a shared decision-making process.
We recognize the expertise of all members of the College community and encourage individual contribution.
- Include stakeholders in the decisions that affect them.
- Treat people with dignity and encourage feelings of self-worth.
- Promote trust through professional courtesy and fair treatment.
- Recognize and support employee and student contributions.
We strive to develop and pursue higher standards.
- Exhibit quality in staffing, facilities, programs, and services.
- Anticipate needs and respond accordingly.
- Encourage creativity, innovation, and risk-taking.
- Utilize systems that promote student and employee success.
- Exceed student and stakeholder expectations.
- Encourage decision-making at the level of implementation.
- Encourage interdepartmental collaboration.
- View setbacks as learning experiences.
We assume and demonstrate responsibility for our actions.
- Take responsibility for personal and professional growth and development of students.
- Continuously evaluate and improve our systems and policies.
- Establish and communicate clearly defined and articulated goals and objectives.
We believe that our similarities and differences are opportunities for establishing a common bond and strengthening the College.
- Employ a College workforce that reflects the community we serve.
- Ensure fair and equal access for all.
- Recognize, appreciate, and celebrate the strength of diversity.
- Provide educational experiences that promote a greater appreciation for diversity.
- Implement learning activities that integrate diversity topics in the classroom.
- Seek and consider multiple points of view.