It gives me immense pleasure to lead the Department of Civil Engineering. The department was established in the year 2011 to cater the ever increasing demand of Civil Engineers in industry and academia and has served all concerned to their fullest expectations. The students are groomed to be thorough professionals with blend of up-to-date technical knowledge and field experience gained during Internship.
The greatest asset of the Civil Department is its highly motivated and learned faculty. The available diversity of expertise of the faculty with the support of the other staff prepares the students to work in Global Multicultural Environment. To bring synergy in its various activities, the department is organized into five major divisions: Environmental Engineering division, Geotechnical Engineering division, Transportation Engineering division, Structures and Construction Management division and Water Resources and Hydrology division. We continuously strive to make students aware of the latest technological developments by imparting quality education and organizing various departmental activities such as industry visits, guest lectures, skill development trailing etc. for their holistic development as a professional engineer.
Various courses like Advanced Foundation Engineering, GIS and Remote Sensing, Industrial Pollution Control and Audit, to name a few, have been included as a part of curriculum to keep pace with the emerging fields. The framework of the program provides ample opportunities to the students to train themselves as researcher, thinker, job-seeker, entrepreneur, or innovator based on their passion. Highly successful alumni are our certificate of excellence. They are placed as officers (through IES examination) Specification Consultant, Structural Engineer, Executive Planner etc. We at RCE strongly believe to provide ample opportunity to the students to get global exposure in the field of civil engineering. The value based education drives our students to be competent and creative leaders of tomorrow.
Dr. Pashupati Nath
Head of Civil Engineering Department
To become a leading centre of excellence in Civil Engineering education that is highly recognized at National and International levels as well as contributes to the Latest Technological advancements for the sustainable development of the society.
To make the students aware of the changing environment and technological advancements by imparting Globally acceptable quality of education and knowledge inclusive of Ethical and Moral Values.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- Students function effectively as Civil Engineering Professional in Industry, Government or other Organizations, Designing, Improving, Leading and Implementing efficient Civil Engineering practices.
- Students are able to apply acquired skills in developing safe, sustainable, economical and environmentally sound solutions to civil engineering problems either within the profession or through post-graduate research
- Students apply their broad Civil Engineering education to effectively communicate Civil Engineering concepts orally and in written forms.
- Students grow professionally in their careers through continued development of technical and management skills, achievement of Professional Licensure, and assuming roles of responsibility in Professional Service
Program Educational Outcomes (PO)
- An ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- The broad education necessary to develop and understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments as well as analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Knowledge of current societal issues.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An understanding of Professional and Ethical responsibility.
- An ability to function on Multi-Disciplinary teams.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- An ability to use project and finance management tools to control and execute various projects.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO's)
- PSO 1: To apply the knowledge of various domains of Civil Engineering for the student; conduct experiments, analyze, interpret data and design the system components.
- PSO 2: To enrichment of knowledge in various aspects of Civil Engineering such as Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Water Resources Engineering and Environmental Engineering by means of Research and Innovative Practices
- PSO 3: To plan, produce detailed drawings, write a specification, and prepare cost estimates, select material, schedule work plans.