Computer Science and Engineering
RCE offers one of the best computer science and engineering programs in India. From networks and computer systems to graphics, artificial intelligence, algorithms and complexity theory, we offer a breadth of knowledge covering the major areas in computer science.
As the Head of the Department, I feel privileged to be leading a talented group of dedicated staff, inspiring teachers, and renowned researchers. Our researchers make fundamental contributions to knowledge across theoretical and applied areas of computer science. Our Department maintains strong ties with industry, research organizations and the community at large.
Dr. Yashveer Singh
Head of Computer Science & Engineering Department
The graduate students of the Computer Science and Engineering Department will be recognized as innovative leaders in the fields of computer science and software engineering by their work in software development in a myriad of application areas, and through their work in advanced study and research. The faculty will continue to be known for their passion for teaching the students and for their knowledge, expertise, and innovation in advancing the frontiers of knowledge in computer science and software engineering.
Our mission is to teach and prepare liberally educated, articulate, skilled computer scientists and software engineers for leadership and professional careers in advanced studies. A central objective of our program is to contribute to society by advancing the fields of computer science and software engineering through innovations in teaching and research, thus enhancing student knowledge through interactive motivation, global engagement, and experiential learning. The programs running in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering will serve as a resource to inform society about innovations related to the production and uses of computers and software.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The broader objective of Department of Computer Science & Engineering is to transform the students admitted to the programs into globally competitive professionals, having a sound knowledge of fundamentals and capable of creating a niche space for themselves in one or more specialized fields and leverage their skills and knowledge for their prosperity and contribute to social and economic development of humanity.
The detailed objectives are as follows:
- To impart exhaustive knowledge to the students in all the sub-domains of the Computer Science & Engineering and the fast evolving IT tools and associated areas so as to :
- Take up key assignments in IT and associated industry
- Undertake and excel in higher studies, and Research & Development in Computer Science
- To impart solid foundation in Engineering Mathematics, Basics of Science and Computer Engineering, Computer Architecture, Programming Skills, Databases, Algorithms, Software Design, Operating System, Networking, Network Security, Advance Computer Architecture Artificial Intelligence, and other related areas.
- To provide broad knowledge in respective domains so as the students can design & develop novel products and innovative solutions for real life problems in Computer Science & Engineering field and related domains.
- To inculcate a conviction in the students to believe in self, impart professional and ethical attitude, nurture to be an effective team member, infuse leadership qualities, build proficiency in Soft-Skills, and the abilities to relate Engineering with the Social issues.
- To provide a conducive and disciplined Academic environment, quality of teaching with innovative & modern methods of pedagogy establishing the relevance of technical education as per the needs of the industry and society at large.
- An ability to apply knowledge on Engineering. Mathematics, Applied Sciences, and computing concepts.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyse and interpret data with particular reference to computing techniques.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process or innovate to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to understand and use Engineering management principles and manage projects in multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems, not only with reference to computing domain but also problems of interdisciplinary nature.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively with stake holders at all levels.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in research and life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues to widen the horizon of knowledge.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern computing tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An ability to participate and succeed in competitive examinations like GATE, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT in pursuit of higher learning.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO's)
A graduate of the Computer Science and Engineering Program will demonstrate:
- PSO1: Professional Skills: The ability to understand, analyse and develop computer programs in the areas related to algorithms, system software, multimedia, web design, big data analytics, and networking for efficient design of computer-based systems of varying complexity.
- PSO2: Problem-Solving Skills: The ability to understand the evolutionary changes in computing, apply standard practices and strategies in software project development using open-ended programming environments to deliver a quality product for business success, real world problems and meet the challenges of the future.
- PSO3: Successful Career and Entrepreneurship: The ability to employ modern computer languages, environments, and platforms in creating innovative career paths to be an entrepreneur, lifelong learning and a zest for higher studies and also to act as a good citizen by inculcating the moral values & ethics in them